Jim Smith has served on the Board of Directors of the Key West Assn of Realtors as Professional Standards Chair, Grievance Committee Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. He received the 2008 KWAR Award for Community Service.
Jim has also served the community as:
• President, Key West Sunrise Rotary
• Community Foundation of the Florida Keys board member (Development Committee Chair, Secretary, Treasurer)
• President, One Island Family, Southernmost UU Congregation
• Leadership Monroe County class XIII member
• Running Coach for 4 yrs for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society “Team-in-Training” Key West Team
Jim and his wife Marilyn have been residents of Key West for 18 years. This island paradise became their adopted home after Jim’s career in the US Coast Guard brought them here in the early 1990’s. They left as “Honorary Conchs” and vowed to return to make the Keys their forever home. Jim’s retirement from military service proved to be the right time for their return.
They tell their friends that Key West is the “Caribbean Island that you can drive to!” They enjoy the tropical climate, creative and accepting spirit of the people of the Florida Keys, and the opportunity to make difference through service to their community.